The D Word
First off, thank you so much for following along for the past month. With only a few days left I am sad to see the end of this blog series BUT I am excited that you were able to share this time with me.
For the last 4 days, I'm gonna talk about one of the biggest fears, phobias, and changes in life: Death. This topic is one that most do not like to talk about. I find comfort in talking about the things that scare me most. The more I learn and accept the less I'm fearful.
We'll start off slow with some interesting thought on death:
- Death is the 2nd biggest fear among Americans, 1st is public speaking!
- Nearly 2/3rds of Americans do NOT have advance directives such as a living will.
- Even those who do have an advance directive, physicians (and family members) are often unaware of their patients' preferences. One large-scale study found that only 25 percent of physicians knew that their patients had advance directives on file.
- Top Fears Behind Death: Unknown, Process of Dying, Loss of Control, Loss of Loved Ones, That life has been meaningless.
- 90% of Americans find it important to talk with loved ones about end of life arrangements but only 27% have actually done so.
- 90% of Americans have some sort of regret at end of life. Top life regrets:
I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
I wish I didn't work so hard.
I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
I wish that I had let myself be happier.
I hope this doesn't bring a wave of sadness or sorrow to you. Death is a part of life. We all die, we can't control that but how we die and how we look at and embrace death is all up to us.
Empowerment Beads 20% off 'til Friday!
Use PromoCode: EMPOWERMENT at checkout! Remember 10% goes to Beads of Courage Charity! Thank you and Happy Holiday!!!
Heart Shaped World
Thanks to my momma for sending me a photo from her heart shaped world!!! LOVE IT, thanks mom. I love you!