"Get Lost, Do Art" COTNs Residency
IS NOW CLOSED
Spend 7 days off the grid with Nomadic Artist Casey Sheppard in Southern California at Joshua Tree National Park. Casey has lived the nomad life since July 2015 in her converted van, spending much time away from society which has greatly influenced her as a maker, artist and person. The purpose of this residencies is to allow artists the opportunity to explore limitations as creative outlets, learn how to use less, to connect with nature and to become exposed to the minimalist lifestyle. Resident will stay in a tent at a primitive campsite with Casey and India. We will bring in/out all necessities along with trash. Time will be spent in the back country hiking, exploring, spending time getting lost (figuratively) in nature and creating. Tent (Big Agnes), sleeping bag, pillow, lights, camp stove (BioLite), water, sunscreen and transportation to campsite are provided. Resident may only bring a small bag NO LARGER than a carry on : 10" D x 16" W x 24" L and must pay for their own travel to Joshua Tree or Palm Springs, California, food for a week and provide any materials wanted/needed. Please be minimal, the point of this residency is to push yourself as an artist and human with using less. Cell phones may or may not work and charging of devices will be limited. Prepare yourself for separation from your phone, social media and FaceBook. Don't worry, you can post all you want when you get home! Casey is also CPR/First Aide certified. And be prepared for a fun, exciting and new adventure!!!
Selection Process :
One person will be selected for this residency by Casey. Selection will be made without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, or age; however, applicants must possess the ability, skills and experience to fully participate in the back country and desert. Newbies are welcome to apply but must be physically and mentally welcoming to new adventures and experiences.
Chosen applicant agrees to make available their photos taken during the residency for use by Case of the Nomads and Casey Sheppard also allowing the use of their bio/photos/statement and other materials to be used for online features, social media and/or other uses.
Dropbox the following :
- Current Bio/CV
- Artist Statement (500 words MAX)
- Short paragraph on why you want to go off the grid (500 words MAX)
- 5 Photos Current Work : label each photo with last name and title of work : ex. LastnameTitle.jpg Image size : 72 dpi, 10 inches longest side
- 5 Writing Samples (5 pages MAX) Writers/Poets ONLY
Dropbox to : email@example.com
Additional Requirements :
- Must be over 18 years old
- All mediums (Writers/Designers/Chefs/etc) and all levels welcome (Students/Professionals/Novices/Professors/Retirees/etc)
- Camping experience is not required by an open mind is must!
- Must be okay with a large dog since India the Adventure dog (boxer) will be along for the 7 days!
- Residency only open to chosen applicant, so sorry, no spouses, children or pets are allowed, thank you.
- Application Due Date : January 25th 2017
- Notification : February 14th 2017
- Residency Date/Length : March 29th - April 4th 2017 : 7 Days
Dropbox to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Short Paragraph
- 5 Photos (required dimensions)
- Application Fee Paid
- Pat yourself on the back!!! Nicely done!
Please do NOT forget anything, anything missing from applications will not be reviewed! So please double check!
Questions : Contact Casey directly with any questions email@example.com